- Supervisory responsibilities for 40-member academic departments.
- Facilitating district-wide vision of instruction model stressing Historical Thinking Skills and Communicative Model.
- Participating in state-wide Social Studies Standard revision meetings.
- Preparing and maintaining budgetary accounts for instructional materials across five buildings.
- Creating and facilitating district-wide diversity programming.
- Developing 9-12 Humanities Academy in partnership with community college.
Welcome and thanks for reviewing my website.
My name is Scott Kercher. I have over twenty years of educational and instructional experience in New Jersey Public Schools. I have been a Honors/Humanities teacher, ESL and ICS instructor, Basketball and Baseball coach, Mentor Teacher, Department Supervisor, Community Outreach Coordinator and Professional Development Provider.
This website contains some of my professional accomplishments, curriculum artifacts and administrative materials. You are welcome to review my credentials and contact me if you have any further questions or would like to schedule a consultation.
I hope from this website you will find that I am a motivated and hard-working leader. I am a forward-thinking problem-solver who uses collaborative communication skills to overcome challenges. These materials clearly demonstrate that I am passionate about education. What will be more difficult to see is me as a person. I am an energetic and natural leader. I have a quick wit and affable sense of humor that can lighten the mood and diffuse tense situations.
I relocated to the northwest corner of New Jersey in 2014 where I live with my wife, Sherry, two daughters, Elizabeth (Libby) and Emaline and a cat named Snuffers. I still enjoy cheering for Philadelphia sports teams and eating pork roll instead of Taylor Ham. I am an aspiring runner and avid reader. I care for my community and served as a township council member/deputy mayor, a community liaison for my Board of Education and a volunteer athletic coach.